In 1963, with wonderful compassion and a great sense of vision, Corey-Kerlin Funeral Home was founded in Jacksonville, Florida. Our founders were George S. Corey, Jr and William W. Kerlin who established the first Corey-Kerlin Funeral Home at 1426 Rowe Avenue. Ten years later they saw a need for a second location to better serve the residents of Northeast Florida. That new modern location was built at 940 Cesery Boulevard.
Recognizing the growing trend in Florida of memorialization by cremation, they added a Crematory near the first location in 1983.
Over twenty years ago, Mr. Kerlin chose to retire, followed by Mr. Corey ten years later. They sold the company to the four funeral directors who had worked with them for many years. In this way they knew that Corey-Kerlin would remain independent from the larger corporations and continue to be locally owned. Rod Dixon has since retired, selling his shares to the remaining three partners, Jerry Nackashi, Mark Pittman and Robert Wood, who continue to carry on the tradition of service and compassion that has earned the name Corey-Kerlin the highest respect among those we are honored to serve in our community and in our profession.